Archive for the ‘Sports’ Category
Playing fields are gradually drying out and sports teams are getting a late start on their outdoor seasons. Cricket games are played at Waterloo Park throughout the summer months. This is a game I know very little about but it looks more interesting to me than football. ;-)
The regular Ontario Hockey League season has come to an end and playoffs start this week. The Kitchener Rangers Awards Banquet was held last evening at Bingemans and my husband, who is an avid fan, took these pictures. I cannot name the players, and even my husband had some difficulty identifying a few of these young men in suits, minus their helmets and numbers. I will edit the post as names come forward.
Kitchener plays Plymouth at the Auditorium this Friday night in the first game of their playoff series.
Phase two of the City of Kitchener’s development of McLennan Park is well under way. It is slated to open in the spring of 2011 and according to the city website will include:
- Playground area, including accessible playstructure and splash pad.
- Skateboard park with bowl and street elements.
- McLennan Park gate roadway, centralized drop-off and parking areas.
- Entrance feature off McLennan Park gate at Blackhorne Crescent and Block Line Road.
- Pedestrian trails and landscaping.
- Basketball and beach volleyball courts.
- Washroom building and picnic shelter.
- A great lawn for picnics, ice skating and field play.
Chicopee Ski Club is gearing up for its winter opening this Saturday, December 18, 2010. Snow making machines have been running all week at the tube park and ski hills.