Posts Tagged ‘synagogues’
Beth Jacob Congregation was founded in 1908 and the first organized services were held in a house on Eby Street, Berlin, now Kitchener. There were only ten Jewish families in the community at the time. This is the only Orthodox Jewish congregation in Kitchener-Waterloo and there is one Reform congregation in Waterloo. The building on Stirling Avenue opened in 1961-2. For more information on the history of Beth Jacob, read this article from The Record from 2008 when the congregation celebrated their the 100th anniversary.